King Vol Mine – 2016
LocationApproximately 40km northwest of Chillagoe in far north Queensland
CommodityZinc, polymetallic base metals
- Supply labour, plant and material to commence underground operations including portal establishment and development, underground development, and production;
- Establishment of offices, HV workshop, ablutions, batch plant, electrical infrastructure and sewerage water treatment plant;
- Decline development using typical jumbo development and recover ore using traditional longhole open stoping methods; and
- Mining of the decline (5.0mW x 5.5mH), levels (5.0mW x 5.5mH) and ore drives (4.0mW x 4.5mH) using twin boom jumbos.
- Schedule of rates with fixed equipment
- Project term: 5 years; and
- Employees: 83 at peak.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES (to date)
- Establishment of portal and ground support;
- Establishment of explosive magazines, temporary workshop and offices; and
- Decline development underway.
KEY MILESTONES (to date)
- Project commenced: September 2016
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 2 x Jumbo – Sandvik DD420-60C;
- 2 x Production Drills – Sandvik DL431-7C;
- 1 x Loader – Cat R2900G;
- 1 x Loader CAT R1700G;
- 4 x Trucks – Cat AD45;
- 1 x Chargeup – Normet 1614B;
- 2 x Integrated tool carriers – Volvo L120;
- 1 x Shotcrete sprayer – Jacon Spraymec;
- 1 x Grader – CAT 12G; and
- 1 x Service Truck – Ultimec LF600.