Northparkes – 2007
LocationNorth Parkes, NSW
CommodityCopper and Gold
- Provision of a skilled team to construct a 3.9m lift to Tailings Dam #1;
- Work involved excavating, loading and hauling and compaction of construction material; and
- An extensive drainage system was also built to relieve any seepage through the embankment.
- Schedule of rates.
- Project Term: 11 months;
- Employees: 56; and
- 566 300 cubic metres of material moved.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOME
- Adoption of a new construction technique resulting in water efficiencies and expediting the construction period;
- Over 41 000 man hours with 1 first aid treatment as the only incident on site; and
- Intensive quality control with a Cat 16H Grader fitted with a GPS unit, verified by an independent surveyor on a weekly basis.
- Project Commencement: May 2007.
KEY PLANT AND EQUIPMENT
- 10 Dump Trucks – Volvo A40D;
- 3 x Excavators – 1 x Komatsu 800-6, 1 x Volvo 33t , 1 x Volvo 70t;
- 3 x Dozers – 2 x Cat D7, 1 x Cat D8;
- 1 x Wheel Loader – Volvo L50D;
- 2 x Graders – 1 x Cat 14, 1 x Cat 16H;
- 1 x Roller – Dynapac 18T SD; and
- 3 x Water Trucks – Volvo A25C, 1 x A40D, 1 x A35C.