Thalanga Mine – West 45
LocationApproximately 60km west of Charters Towers in Central Queensland
ClientRed River Resources
- Supply labour, plant and material to re-commence underground operations including re-establishment of services, ongoing underground development, and production;
- Extending the existing decline using typical jumbo development and recover ore using traditional longhole open stoping methods;
- Raise-boring of main vent rise and escapeways; and
- Extending the decline (5.5mW x 5.5mmH), levels (5.5mW x 5.5mH) and ore drives (4.5mW x 4.5mH) using a twin boom jumbo.
- Schedule of rates
- Project term: 21 months; and
- Employees: 44 at peak.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES (to date)
- Currently mobilising to site all equipment and personnel; and
- Establishing underground services.
KEY MILESTONES (to date)
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 1 x Twin Boom Jumbo – Sandvik DD420;
- 2 x Loaders – CAT R1700G;
- 2 x Trucks – CAT AD45;
- 1 x Production Drill – Sandvik DL420-7C;
- 1 x Ancillary Chargeup – Normet 1614B;
- 2 x Integrated Tool Carriers – Volvo L120; and
- 1 x Grader – CAT 12H.