Cadia Valley – 1997
ClientNewcrest Mining Limited
- A 13 year relationship with a number of major contracts, underground fixed plant maintenance and construction; and
- Provision of a workforce in excess of 150 people for the development of Cadia East underground and construction activities for the surface works associated with Cadia East implementation.
- Schedule of rates, wet and dry hire, cost recoverable and lump sum.
- Employees: From 10 up to 466
CURRENT PROJECT TERM
- Labour hire – 24 months;
- Underground Services – 24 months;
- Cadia East Construction – 24 months;
- Bulk Earthworks – 24 months;
- Development – six months; and
- Rock breaking – three months.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES
- Largest contractor on site;
- Over eight years LTI free; and
- Offering a wide range of services from administration through to surface infrastructure.
- On site since July 1997;
- 3121 Days – over 1 000 000 hours LTI free; and
- Over 450 employees on site in Nov 2011.
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 1 x Jumbos – Tamrock Axera 7-260;
- 1 x Loader – Toro 0011;
- 4 x Trucks – Volvo A40D;
- 2 x Ejector Trucks – Cat AE40;
- 1 x Excavator – 33t;
- 1 x Shotcreter – Jacon Maxijet;
- 5 x Integrated tool carriers – L120, L90;
- 1 x Grader – Cat 140H; and
- 1 x Dozer – Cat D10.