Osborne – 2013
LocationStarra Mine near Cloncurry, QLD
- Develop the Kulthor orebody down to its economic basement whilst completing remnant mining at the previously completed Osborne orebody;
- Conduct long-hole open stoping in Kulthor and Osborne orebodies;
- Development and production mining of the Starra Mine; and
- Maintenance of client mobile equipment.
- Fixed and variable with hybrid Alliance aspects.
- Project Term: 36 months;
- Employees: 87* (*some positions shared between Osborne/Starra);
- Over 3km development completed to date; and
- Delivery of 143,000t per month ore to the mill (inclusive of Starra Mine).
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES
- 13 million tkms of ore moved over the contract term; and
- Shared management of work force with client personnel to minimise costs.
- Project commenced: December 2012;
- Osborne orebody completed February 2014;
- Starra mine commenced Feb 2013, completed Aug 2014; and
- Osborne remnant mining commenced April 2014 using jumbo capacity from completed development portion of Starra project.
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 2 x Jumbos – Sandvik DD420-60;
- 2 x Longhole rigs – 1 x Sandvik DL421-15C, 1 x Tamrock Solo7-15F;
- 3 x Loaders – Cat R2900G;
- 7 x Trucks – 4 x Cat AD55B, 2 x Toro 50, 1 x Sandvik TH663;
- 2 x Integrated tool carriers – Volvo L120F; and
- 1 x Service truck – Hino 4 x 4.