BUSY MONTHS FOR MOBILISATIONOctober 12, 2016
PROJECT TEAMS MOBILISE RAPIDLY TO SITE FOLLOWING NEW CONTRACT WINS.
Following a number of recent contract wins, we have had a busy few months mobilising plant and personnel to the Matilda project in the goldfields of WA, the Carrapateena and Challenger projects in SA, and the Mungana project west of Cairns in QLD.
PYBAR is recommissioning underground operations at the project’s Golden Age and Bulletin ore bodies.
• Owned by Blackham Resources
• Located 7km south of the town of Wiluna in WA’s goldfields
• Project term: five years
• Mobilised: June/July 2016
• Scope of works includes supply of labour, plant and materials underground development and production.
o 23,500m of development
o 1,500m of vertical development
o 1,000,000 tonnes of ore to be mined
• Employees: 89
Carrapateena is a Greenfields copper-gold project, one of Australia’s largest undeveloped copper deposits. PYBAR is commissioned for the initial exploration phase works. The decline will be 6.4m high by 5.5m wide, sized to accommodate an overhead conveyor.
• Owned by Oz Minerals
• Located 140km north of Port August in SA
• Project term: 29 months
• Mobilised: August 2016
• Scope of works includes supply of labour, plant and materials to establish the underground mine including, boxcut and portal development, exploration decline and associated level development.
o 7,500m of decline and lateral development,
o 1,500m of surface ventilation raises.
• Employees: 50
PYBAR have been re-commissioning the Challenger mine in SA. The mine is targeting production of approximately 48,000oz of gold per annum from the underground workings. Diamond drilling will be carried out to confirm future potential.
• Owned by WPG Resources
• Located 740km north-west of Adelaide in SA
• Project term: 32 months
• Mobilised: May 2016
• Scope of works: Supply labour, plant and material for underground development and production.
o 10,000 metres of decline, levels and ore drives development.
o 340,000 tonnes of ore per annum.
• Employees: 97
The Mungana mine is an existing high grade zinc mine which was developed up to a depth of 700m before being put into care and maintenance by previous owners, Kagara Zinc. Auctus Minerals has recently purchased the mine and processing facility and is looking to develop the mine as a sub level cave along with other regional deposits. PYBAR is currently commissioned for the initial early works phase.
• Owned by Auctus Minerals
• Located 200km west of Cairns in QLD
• Initial project term: four months
• Mobilised: Late September 2016
• Scope of works includes supply of labour, plant and materials to complete decline rehabilitation works and ore access drives as well as complete further development for a planned sub level cave.
o Rehabilitation of 1,500m of existing workings
o 900m of decline and lateral development,
• Employees: 30