Capital Windfarm – 2008
- Road construction & maintenance;
- Wind turbine foundation excavation and preparation;
- Work included a 6 – 12 months construction period, 24 months maintenance and plant hire for underground power reticulation; and
- Servicing and filtration of turbines.
- Dayworks rates / Wet hire.
- Project Term: Nine months (construction) 24 months (maintenance)
- Employees: 12
- Construction & maintenance of 35km of roads
- Foundation excavation & preparation for 67 turbines.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES
- Non-destructive removal of rock using Penetrating Cone Fracture (PCF) based on the environmental sensitivity of the site and surroundings; and
- Construction involved cranes up to 650T to erect the turbine towers involving contractors from all States in Australia.
- Project commenced: March 2008
- Project completed: November 2008.
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 4 x Trucks – Volvo A40D;
- 2 x Graders – 1 x Cat 12G, 1x Cat 140H;
- 3 x Excavators 2 x 30t, 1 x 45t;
- 1 x Dozer – Cat D10N;
- 1 x Rock Trencher – T655 Vermeer;
- 1 x Compactor with blade – 815/825;
- 1 x Pad Foot roller; and
- 1 x Hammer breaker.