Mungana Mine – 2016
Location16 km west of Chillagoe in far north Queensland
CommodityZinc, copper, silver, gold and lead
- Supply labour, plant and material to re-start underground operations including underground development, and production;
- The mine will access the orebody via the existing decline using typical jumbo development and recover ore using a combination of sub level caving for base metals and longhole open stoping methods for the gold orebody; and
- Mining of the level access (5.5mW x 5.8mH) and ore drives (4.5mW x 4.5mH) using twin boom jumbos.
- Schedule of rates with fixed equipment
- Project term: 31 months; and
- Employees: 72 at peak.
KEY PROJECT OUTCOMES (to date)
- Four month early works program successfully completed with ore zone accessed and decline rehabilitated.
KEY MILESTONES (to date)
• Project commenced: September, 2016
KEY PLANT & EQUIPMENT
- 2 x Jumbo – Sandvik DD420-60C;
- 1 x Production Drill – Sandvik DL431-7C;
- 2 x Loader – Cat R2900G;
- 2 x Trucks – Cat AD60;
- 1 x Chargeup – Normet 1614B;
- 2 x Integrated tool carriers – Volvo L120;
- 1 x Shotcrete sprayer – Jacon Spraymec;
- 1 x Grader – CAT 12G; and
- 1 x Service Truck – Ultimec LF600.